Do you want to host a panel?
Click here! Please make sure to read the rules before submitting a panel. We are looking for specialty panels on certain days. We are looking for panels that are informational/educational, as well as panels on body diversity. These aren’t the only panels we will accept, but they are ones we are definitely looking to fill!
Amaicon Panelist Rules
- Panels are registered under TWO PEOPLE. This means that they are the head panelists. Any other panel members are ineligible for any compensation that the head panelist may receive.
- Panelist perks will be announced at con
- All panelists are responsible for:
- Checking in
- Starting your panel on time
- Setting up and tearing down your panel
- If you need to move chairs around in the panel rooms, you must take that out of your panel time. You are required to set the room back to the way it was when you entered it. Failure to do so could result in panel being denied the following year
- Ensuring that the proper age requirements are in place
- Keeping the audience engaged and under control
- Ensuring their panel can run without internet access, as that is not something that is guaranteed.
- All 18+ panels must:
- ID checks are REQUIRED. Our safety team will be checking attendees and panelists
- All 18+ panels must be run by someone that is at least 18 years of age
- Attendees are not required to participate in panels. If they are, the panel will be canceled
- All ages panels must:
- These are family friendly and contain no adult or mature humor, content, or foul language
- Equipment rules:
- Panelist are prohibited from touching the technology in any and all panel rooms. This includes the projector, the speakers, and the lights. If there is an issue, let the person sitting outside the door checking badges contact our Con-Ops staff. We will quickly come to assist you. The exception to this is the microphones and the cables to hook up your laptop to the projector.
- Do not assume that we have all of the necessary adaptors for your equipment. You need to be prepared to bring your own adaptors. We will provide HDMI/VGA adaptors upon request, which must be at panelist check-in.
- Times and room sizes
- The time that we put your panel down on the final schedule is set. Unless there is an emergency, we will not change the schedule. Plenty of communication will be in place to ensure that your panel is at a time for that works great for you. If you do not put in time restrictions or requests on the panel submission form, we may not be able to honor them.
- Panelist Party sizes:
- If you are hosting an Ask panel or a Q&A, a maximum of six people are allowed to be at the panelist table at the front of the room. This is set in place to not only protect equipment, but to also help with fire code and the safety of your panelists. If you have more than that participating, please consider making the size of your ‘cast’ smaller, or reserving space in the front row for them.
- If you are hosting a large cast in an Ask panel, we can put you in our Interactive Panel room. YOU MUST REQUEST THIS ON THE FORM. This is the room that autographs and our interactive events take place in. However, there is no projector in this room, and the number of chairs is limited. Plan accordingly.
- Q&As and Truth or Dare panels:
- Sexual content is prohibited. You cannot ask two people to participate in lewd acts of any nature. Stripping is also prohibited.
- Any act that may break or damage any property is prohibited.